Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July Weekend

I was beginning to get a little worried when our 4th of July was a literal wash out and everything had to get postponed, but in the end, it was all good. So much fun and excitement, especially that heart-pounding kayak trip...those waves in the photos may not look like much, but we were on a lake, not a river, and those waves were from pure 80 mph wind. No, not really, I have no idea. But it felt like 80 mph wind.  =) And also quiet moments, like reading novels in dappled afternoon light by the lake's edge and wrapping my arms around my girl as we watched the sky come alive with reds and greens and whites. I loved it all.

We have been talking about moving out of the area, and then a perfect weekend like this comes along and makes me fall in love with this place all over again. I'm keeping the pictures big and will let them speak for themselves.

















God Bless America, land that I love!

Have a great week! I'm taking a little break from the computer this week, but I'll be back with some fantastic breakfast recipes.

You can find me on instagram HERE (roseandruffle) if you want to see more daily snippets of my life as a Jesus-seeking wife, Mom, business owner and whatever else comes my way... Say hello! =)

the recipe for the Star-Spangled Fruit Tart is here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...