Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Friday, September 5, 2014

Snapshots of Our Week

First things first, this project is nearly complete!!!!!!! Can I get a yee-haw, or woo-hoo, or insert other excited-sounding sentiment here!?! This powder room turned out so, so pretty, and we saved on everything from the vanity to the flooring to the mirror, so that makes it feel even nicer! I can't wait to share the AFTER pictures with you. Soon, I promise.  =)


Doesn't everyone have an after-the-first-day-of-school tradition of getting ice cream shakes and heading to the lake? Right, just as I thought. (ps- the heat wave is still here, and we are melting more now than we did all summer long...no kidding!)
 

Okay, just had to toss this one in. Kills me. Hard at work, which, apparently, is an extremely messy endeavor.  ;)

 
This was one of our favorite activities this week. Any guesses? And don't let the snorkel throw you, we were heading to a trail by the river afterward.


We were reading about Noah's Ark in one of our new Bible history books and we (I) decided to have these guys measure out the length and width of the ark somewhere. Their materials were: yarn, scissors, tape measure, duct tape and imagination. The length reached our neighbor's house at the end of the street, and the width was over three times the length of our house! I thought it best to leave the 45 foot height out of the project for safety's sake, ha ha.


Enjoying a midday schooling break.

This view made me smile the other night. That rock wall garden in the background has hundreds of hours of blood, sweat and tears invested into it. Totally worth it, right??


And lastly, my baby went and turned into a full-fledged second grader. Mean girl. She is loving her class and her new teacher! Here she is modeling a skirt I made her- I posted more of her outfits on the Rose and Ruffle blog here if you want to take a look.


Tomorrow is my husband's and my 17th anniversary. 17 years! How did we get so old?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...