Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Thursday, March 5, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SON

I've been a baking lunatic this week in preparation of my foodie's birthday. He has always been the one to want a little of this, a little of that, oh, I don't know, gourmet vanilla bean cupcakes with whipped cocoa frosting, a giant birthday cake Whoopie Pie, that fabulous Death by Chocolate party a few years back, ha ha. We sure do have some yummy celebrations! Right now I've got a double batch of cupcakes (from a box) and the first batch of whoopie pies (without the creme) in the freezer downstairs, and I'm not even halfway there. HA

Tonight is the championship play-off basketball game for Jonah's team. How exciting for that to coincide with your actual birthday! So of course there must be cupcakes. Of course.  =)

As apparent by my last post, sometimes I really wrestle with this whole growing up business. It is the most wonderful, rewarding, sacred and humbling process, and my prayer for all my children, especially for my Jonah on his birthday, is that they continue to walk with the Lord. That's it, that's all that truly matters to me.

I also hope that my children feel celebrated on their special days. While I would love to treat them to more lavish gifts or whisk them off to some really awesome mini vacation or something, we just can't do that. It is my most sincere desire that all the special little things we do speak to their hearts and let them know just how much they mean to me, what a wonderful and unique creation they are.

Jonah Gabriel, you are growing into such a caring, interesting, fun and special young man, and we know that the Lord has so many wonderful things in store for you! Happy Birthday, Son!

Now I'm off to whip up chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries and cream...  ;)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...