Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, April 20, 2015

WEEKEND FUN

Last Monday I was hanging out a million loads of laundry to dry on the line. Today...I'm not. HA There's still laundry, but it's raining. Oh well.

Isabelle has ballet class this afternoon, which she is enjoying a lot more, and Caleb has baseball practice. He had such a hard season last year that just about anything that happens will hopefully seem like a better one this year. So far so good. They won a scrimmage last week and have their first official game tomorrow night. I just wanted to post some things about our weekend so I don't forget. This may be painfully boring to anyone else.  ;)

Since Fridays are Cookie Fridays, we thought we'd bring a few over to Great Gram. It was a hard visit. She wasn't very aware of her surroundings, and just when I thought I saw a spark of recognition, it would vanish before the connection was made. I am so thankful for the lifetime I've had with her, but I so wish my children had the chance to know her like I do. Great Gram is 96 years old so she is bound to have good days and not so good days. We'll just keep trying.


Ethan vehemently refused to be in our selfie. Those teen boys, I tell you. Jonah cooperated and scored himself an extra chocolate chip cookie or two. Or five. ;)

Saturday night these guys were headed out for a hockey game, and completely psyched about it! It was such a blessing for our family. I wrestle with not being able to do things like this with our crew because it gets so costly, but I want to be able to provide them with these experiences at the same time. About two years ago I began to pray that God would help us in this area because I truly believe that He cares about the little things in our lives just as much as the bigger ones. I feel guilty sometimes that I can't do all the things that I want to do with them; yet on the other hand, we have so much in this country, in our lives, and I want them to know it. It's a constant struggle and I certainly don't have it all figured out. Not even a little bit. Anyway, the tickets were given to a friend from church, and he included our guys in the group that went. I'm so thankful. What a great God we serve!


While the boys were away, we girls had ourselves a little fun night in. This cat is too funny! He jumps up on the side of the tub and just hangs out there, purring, rubbing on the shower curtain. Funny! After a bubble bath, we read stories, did our hair, and watched a Tinkerbell movie all snuggled up in my bed. She said it was a perfect night. I think I'll have to agree.  =)


Yesterday at church we met a couple who are spending the summer taking care of an orphanage in South Africa. All four of us got to talking and before you know it, we had missed the entire Sunday School hour! It was such a God-designed meeting, and it has given us lots to keep talking and praying about. Again, what a great God we serve! Plus, I made a new friend at Isabelle's friend's birthday party on Saturday. You're never too old to get excited about making friends, right? We have so much in common and it felt like we'd known each other for years. And they just moved to a house right down the road from us! Does this make me sound a little pitiful? Well, then I guess I'm pitiful. But I'm pitiful with some new pals.

We had our first official campfire and S'mores of the season last night! The wind picked up suddenly, which meant having to keep a pretty tight reign on this little pyro boy- can't you just see that look in his eyes? ha!


The wafting smoke looks like two smoke ghosts on Jonah and Caleb! These guys crack me up...most of the time. I won't bother to share about some of the antics around here earlier in the day. Parenthood is no joke.


I commented on IG how my fingers got so sticky and gooey making the S'mores that I was pretty much useless for anything else that required hands. Like taking pictures. So I was a little surprised to find a bunch of photos on my phone. I'll spare you the thirty pics of flames. And ants being burned on their log. That was gross!


Believe it or not, this guy wasn't really enjoying himself. He's fake-smiling here. Not a fan of camping stuff. But he was a good sport to come out and roast a marshmallow. It's a good thing he has other redeeming qualities.

Lastly, I have a pressing question for you. Literally. (Just insert Flynn Ryder's wonderful voice right there.) It's over on my sewing blog, along with a favorite summer dress tutorial, HERE. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...