Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Friday, May 1, 2015

FAVORITE PERFECT PANCAKES RECIPE

It's May 1st? How can it be May 1st?!?! We've had school vacation this week and the whole thing just got away from me. In a good way, I think.


I realized recently that I've never posted my trusted, favorite pancakes recipe...well that is a wrong I can right, so here you go! They are so good and always come out perfect.

What You'll Need:
2 cups all-purpose flour (I use unbleached)
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
dash salt
2 eggs
2 cups milk
2 Tbsp vegetable oil (plus more to cook them)
mini chocolate chips (or blueberries!)
**update**
**For fluffier pancakes, add a tablespoon or two of water and whisk lightly- I literally hold the mixing bowl under the faucet and turn on the water for a second.**
 
I've made these pancakes so many times I could probably manage them blindfolded. I've passed the kitchen torch, so to speak, to my boys, and each one can now make these on their own. I am very proud of their accomplishments in the kitchen!

Blend the dry ingredients into a large mixing/batter bowl; add the eggs and milk and whisk lightly. Add oil and whisk again until batter is smooth. Pour in some chocolate chips and fold in with a spatula- you can sprinkle more onto the pancakes themselves as they're cooking. I cook pancakes on a griddle, set at 375 degrees, in just a little bit of oil. The more oil you use will result in a crispier outer layer, which some people in our household prefer. Easy enough to cater to. :)

Add blueberries, chocolate chips, diced peaches...or nothing at all, and they will be so delicious!


Nothing says I love you quite like chocolate chip pancakes and fresh strawberries.  =)


This recipe feeds our hungry crew of six fairly well, though at times I've had to add a bit more flour and water to extend the batter a bit. As learned when boys are at summer camp, this makes way more pancakes than the few of us can handle. Leftover ones freeze well, or simply halve the recipe.

Oh! Isn't this cute? It sure made me giggle. I was either cooking or sewing (or both!) and hadn't heard her for a while so I looked around the house, around the front of the house, and then...there she was, my cute little bookworm and her rain umbrella-turned-parasol. Ha Ha Smart cookie.  ;)



Here are my other pancake recipes if you'd like to try some more:



(these have flax seed and wheat germ in them!)

Lastly, I wrote a post on the Rose and Ruffle blog about what's coming to the shop this summer. Click here if you'd like to read it. Thanks, and have a fabulous weekend! You can see updates and snippets of our family life on Instagram, too- look for roseandruffle



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...