Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Planning (and Dreaming)

The sun is making its appearance earlier and earlier, and I'm loving it. Since we've never been here through the seasons before, everyday feels like a happy little discovery. This morning, I've got sunlight streaming through the windows onto the fireplace, and that's definitely a first!

I don't think I mentioned this before, but last year my parents asked us to find them a nice house to rent in Florida for the whole month of February (one that would fit additional family, too). I didn't think it would be too much of a challenge, since we've always found great homes from VRBO and such, but it was! It took months and months of narrowing down our search, and fiiiinally we found a gem. My Mom and Dad are there already, and they love the house and the town, which is a huge relief to me. I'm so excited because we'll be heading down shortly! Our last few "vacations" have really stunk, so I admit I'm a little trigger shy, but we decided to go for it and I cannot wait! The thought of slipping into beloved flip flops and heading to the beach rather than the aerobics I go through every time I need to put on socks and boots up here...um, yes please! I'm also a little nervous about the long drive down- about 24 hours straight- but we'll manage. Flying is just way too expensive for all of us.

Ah, it's Super Bowl day. How could I forget that exciting little nugget? The fact that the Patriots aren't playing releases me from any and every type of fake excitement I'm expected to muster up, ha. I really could not care less, but all my boys do, so I don't mind mustering up a little something for their sake. Not this year, I'm off the hook. ;)

One of the boys, I think it was Caleb, asked me what I would ask for if I could have anything. Hands down, a personal chef! I love to cook and bake and putter around the kitchen normally, but I am just wiped out. Right now I've got two pans of cinnamon rolls from a can baking for Sunday breakfast, and I'm calling that a culinary success. My husband is a great and inventive cook, and he frequently picks up the slack, and I'm very thankful. Or he feels bad for me and my big-as-a-watermelon status and asks what he can get us for take-out, just the two of us, and then we sneak upstairs like naughty school children and joyously eat it all by ourselves. It's really quite fun!

Over the last couple of weeks, I've sewn up some cute baby things, and some pretty things for my pretty girl. She definitely has her opinion of what dear old Mom can and should make for her, and now I know what not to waste my time with. But she loves skirts- long and shorter- and "older girl" dress styles. No more apron dresses, which I've been informed are for babies. Boo. Here we are at church wearing our handmade skirts. Hers is so cute! Mine is old, pre-pregnancy, and I'm relieved I can maybe get away with it because my options, unlike my belly, are getting rather slim.


Everyone who knows me well knows about my obsessive list-making. It can be both a blessing and a curse. With a new house, new baby, upcoming trip, and a bunch of other things going on, there's just so much to plan for. Lists save my life! Sometimes a girl just needs good old pen and paper to jot ideas down on. Am I right?


And I'm trying to remember to carve out a little time to do something nice for myself each week. I used to soak my feet, do a face mask, or paint my nails every Sunday night, but then that routine sort of faded away with all the other demands on my time. Well I'm taking it back! This was last week's...I think I'm going pink this week. Exciting times, for sure.  =)


Today we celebrated my father-in-laws birthday. It's always nice to catch up with family, and of course to spend time with my adorable nieces. I'm so glad Isabelle gets to grow up with them- I never had cousins close in age to me, and now we've got great relationships, but it wasn't like having extended siblings growing up. I foresee some little girl sleep-overs this summer and I can't wait!

Oh, I totally forgot! I wrote up a tutorial for a little apron, pot holder and place mat set on the sewing blog. You can read it HERE if you'd like.

We're supposedly getting another storm tomorrow morning, so who knows if there will be school. Friday was an unexpected snow day, too. That's okay, just means more time for pancakes.  =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...