Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, January 24, 2011

Super Cute Outfit for my Super Cute Girl

It's cold outside.  So I'm inside.  A lot.
I'm glad I have projects to work on.  :)

There's nothing like turtlenecks on clearance at Target and some leftover fabric to inspire me to get busy.  Oh, and some adorable, cheery fat quarters from JoAnn's on sale for a buck a piece.

Oh how I love happy scraps!
This picture doesn't do this bubbly print justice- it is SO stinking cute!
I got out all my high-tech sewing supplies and got to work.  Yeah, ha.



Of course I should've ironed the fabric before tracing and cutting.  But I didn't.
I've laid out the 2 pieces that will "wrap" around the pant legs; the circle for the lollipop applique; and the back pockets.

I didn't take any pics of the navy corduroy I was using for the pants, but I made another project with them here and have had tons of leftovers just begging to be put to good use.  I followed a cropped pant pattern, planning on adding a ruffle detail to the hem for the correct length.  Little girl has grown just a little bit, and I would have been wise to actually measure the leg before I did the cutting, ahem.

And a few {interrupted} hours later, voila!




Hmm, my pictures aren't very sharp today, but I think you get the idea. 
Pretty cute, right?  :)

For more cuteness, check these out...
Sew Can Do
Tools Are For Women Too
504 Main
Thirty Handmade Days 
It's FUN to craft 
The Girl Creative 
The Creative Itch
Tea Rose Home 
Sew Chatty
Seamingly Smitten
Ladybug Blessings

9 comments:

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

Such a fun and playful outfit! I love the details you made with pocket and banding around the ruffle. The lollipop is too cute and your little girl is precious in that outfit! Nice job!

Jessica said...

Very Cute!! I love it!

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Too cute! Love it completely! I wish I had a little girl to make cute things for...

Danielle

Jenny said...

VERY CUTE---the outfit and your girl;)

Malea said...

This is too cute!

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

Just saw this on Tea Rose Home again :) Please add this to the linky party today!
www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com
Jenny

Anonymous said...

that is such an adorable outfit!! Would love for you to come link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings www.ladybug-blessings.com

oh & p.s I have a giveaway going on right now for an inspirational dog print :)

Marcia said...

Very cute. I'm so envious - you have so many talents! And four kids but you seem to get all these things done.

LJabin said...

how sweet! and for such a cutie too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...