Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, October 11, 2010

10 on 10, the day after edition...

10 on 10 : October 10th, 2010
Take a photo every hour for ten consecutive hours on the tenth of each month. Document a day of your life and find beauty among the ordinary moments.

I discovered 10 on 10 at my friend Mel's blog and thought 10/10/10 was the perfect day to join in the fun!
I came downstairs early in the morning and found these two beauties admiring the massive wild turkeys in our backyard...

I was en route to this bad boy, which has been sitting, unopened, in the cabinet since May, perhaps April, because I was determined to make a decent roast...

I finally remembered to take a picture of what I wore to church for the Pleated Poppy's WIWW...

Getting lunch ready- homemade pizza- yum!

Missy, one of my great friends from high school and college, drove up to visit us today...

We headed out to a local farm where Missy (she is linked on my right sidebar- she is an incredible photographer!) took this family photo...

After wandering around for an hour, we decided to pose and have Bill take some fun shots of us...

Speed-browning the roast, and then speed-cooking at 50 degrees higher to hurry up the process (yes, the crockpot is still in the unopened box, ha!)...

We had quite a spread an hour and a half later (I was a bit preoccupied and didn't get pictures of everyone assembling our yummy apple crisp...

We said goodbye to Missy, got the kiddos ready for bed, and I spent some time writing while Bill watched TV; the laptop arrived on Saturday morning- it was a gift to encourage me to finish my book.  The flexibility is awesome!  I know Bill didn't have to get this for me, so I feel very special and cared for because he supports me and my dreams!

I know I'm a bit late posting this, but hey!  I was working till late last night!  :)

5 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

yay! so glad you did 10 on 10! Isnt it fun? Hooray for a new laptop! And, love all the fall color in the trees...our trees haven't really changed colors yet!

Mrs. V said...

haha That's funny about the roast and croc pot! Croc pot is the only way I can make a roast. Just put it in there in the morning, with some potatoes and carrots and it's perfect for dinner! And your family pic is great. The background is beautiful. I used to live in kentucky and I miss the leaves changing like that. I live in phoenix now and our fall scenery is palm trees, cacti, and dirt... :/

Jenny said...

LOVE this idea!!! What a creative post!

Marcia said...

That is a very cool idea! Isn't it funny how there is so much day-to-day that we don't capture, but I think it'll be fun for the kids to know about when they are older. I had a good crack-up about your slow cooker STILL being in the box. At my house I cut out recipes, but Chris never makes them. HAHA!

I'm so happy for you for getting a laptop. Yes, they do make life much easier!

Marcia said...

Oh, I meant to add that I love your sweater that your wore to church!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...