Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Pie

I nearly died when I took a bite of this Peanut Butter Pie. In the good way. It was a cinch to make and it was certainly a crowd-pleaser! AND... it's easier than ever to shave off extra calories by swapping out low- or no-fat ingredients!

Here's What You Need
Oreos (I used DoubleStuf...is there really any other kind?)
1/2 stick butter or margarine
2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp milk
8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz whipped topping, thawed
toppings & garnishes, such as M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, cookies.....

Here's What You Do
Crush 20 Oreos (or more if not DoubleStuf) in either the processor, blender, or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. Melt butter in the microwave; combine and blend. Pat crumb mixture onto bottom and sides of 9" pie plate. You can add more Oreos with a smidge more butter if you want a thicker crust. Place entire pie plate/ crust in freezer.

For the filling, mix together peanut butter, sugar, milk, and cream cheese until smooth and creamy -- I did this by hand it was fine. I added in the whipped topping at the same time, but the original recipe recommends folding that in last. Either way, it will be sensational. Spread filling onto crust. I was in super crazy rush mode so I completely forgot to add the layer of toppings that's supposed to go in the middle of the filling. Whoops! You know what? Loved it anyway, it's so creamy and light and delicioso! Let set in the freezer for at least 4 hours.


The other change I made was simply a result of the grocery store not having a single bag of Reese's Pieces in stock. Like, nowhere to be found. So I settled with peanut M&Ms, as if that could be settling... I LOVED the pop of color they added to the pie, and the extra crunch was just perfect! I also crunched up some chocolate peanut butter cookies and a chopped up a couple Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to add to the mix. So SO good! The pie is all gone now, and we miss it. So so sad. Next time I may add a hot fudge drizzle (we're not big fans of chocolate syrup), but of course the calorie count will probably double.


Worth.It.

Adapted from this terrific recipe.

We were in the midst of such a heat wave this past weekend that we decided on a no-bake cake for the almost- birthday boy. This was the perfect solution! I think I'm on to something here...
This is a scaled-back Fiesta Forty. Long story.
I got some Coca-Cola glasses from the dollar store, and the smaller ones were .59 a piece. They looked really cute with the bright flowers.
See Caleb's foot pillow there? Poor thing.
 ***Do you also see what's different???
It's the floor! It's the floor! No more nasty carpet! Hallelujah!
Although next up is the kitchen. That's a whole lotta tile to take up!


Now go make some Peanut Butter Pie!  =)

Sharing with//
Lil Luna 
The Girl Creative 
Chef-in-Training 
Sugar Bee Crafts

3 comments:

The Whites said...

Looks YUMMY! I'll be making that soon. :-)

Ryan V. said...

I'm going to the grocery stat tomorrow to get Oreos!! That looks sooo good!

Kris said...

My family would love this! I love your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...