Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

We were blessed with a beautiful, warmish day here in NH this very first day of a brand new year so we were off hiking! Then we headed to Bill's parents for another Christmas celebration with his brother and sister and their families, and now...we are just plain worn out! This has been such a busy, active week and I'm exhausted (in the good way) and sooo ready for a quiet night.

And just what was our New Year's Feast tonight?
Um, oatmeal. And carrots and celery with yummy Trader Joe's gingerbread spread.
Oh, and freshly squeezed orange juice, which turned out to be quite a fun and festive way to ring in the new year!
I told you I was tired.  =)
Truth be told, I'm rather sinister when it comes to the whole New Year's thing. I tend to think about the things I didn't get done throughout the past year instead of focusing on the possibilities of a new one, another year separating me from dreams and goals I have yet to accomplish. January 1st completely overwhelms me; I think it always has. 
Does anyone else think that way or is it just me?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...