Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cabin Fever???

Here we are approaching the middle of January and it's finally snowing. It looks so pretty out there, all fresh and white, so I think I'll just avoid looking at the wet mess in my hallway from the mittens, boots and ski pants.

Plus I seem to be in a serious, and I mean serious, decorating rut.

I think my main problem is this: I never actually finish anything because I either run out of steam, out of ideas, or out of cash. And so while every room in my house looks fine, nothing ever feels completely complete, ifyouknowwhatImean. And I can live with it for a while, but lately it seems like everything is catching up to me and I have no idea where to begin. I'm overwhelmed!

I'm also terrified of making mistakes, which I guess translates to wasting money and time. I know all too well what it feels like to pour my heart and soul into a project and then literally cry at the outcome because it isn't what I expected, or I don't even like it. Or I buy something, love it for a week, and then realize I've settled again because it wasn't really what I was hoping for. That feels awful! I get how selfish this probably sounds, considering that there are really big problems in this world, but...

So where should I start? Try just one little project and see how that goes? Pick one room to "finish off" and then move onto the next? Pick a corner of a room? Yikes! I think my personality is more add a little something here and there rather than tackling an entire room....so I've been thinking of a few changes to make in our hallway (board and batten), finally getting some pictures printed and hung on the wall, and maybe frequenting Goodwill for beautiful plates to display on the walls in the dining room. I hope I'll be reporting back soon with something to share!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...