Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Shoes, Straws & Trusting God

Okay, okay, so completely random, I know!
Today in church we heard such a great message! The kind where you know God is speaking directly to YOU right where you are I love that!
Our pastor has tremendous insight, and one of the things he spoke about really resonated with me: our tendency to to go after what we want when we want it after we've grown tired of waiting on the Lord for fulfilling our heart's desires. Also, the messes we create for ourselves when we do take matters in our own hands. He used Abraham to illustrate these points.

My favorite quote from this morning is:
You make the most important decisions of your life while waiting.
That seems so simple. but it isn't at all! 

I've always been frugal, but lately I seem to be holding onto my purse strings a little tighter than normal. That's a good thing, I think. 

I smile {a lot} when I look down and see these.... 
 they are bright. punchy. love 'em.
$7.99, never been worn, not so much as a scuff or mark on the sole
Thank you, Goodwill!
 Jonah, my budding photographer, took this shot for me  =)
Oh, I forgot- the gray slacks showing were a whopping $2.50!

I suppose that counteracts the extra 39 cents I spend every winter on these super-happy ultra-vibrant straws. They are totally worth it! I can't help but smile every time I see them on the countertop.


Bill and I have begun a couple of smallish house projects. I think there's something about this time of year that just screams paint me! fix me! try some board and batten on me! Probably because I'm stuck inside so much. The temperature never rose above 7 degrees today. Not counting the wind.
Do you feel sorry for me yet?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...