Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, April 23, 2012

Quick and Easy One-Bowl Blondies!

It's been another cold, rainy day, so I was in the mood for puttering around the kitchen. I didn't even want something chocolate...gasp! Now don't get me wrong: I love (L-O-V-E) chocolate as much as the next girl, but sometimes I just want something sweet and yummy that isn't necessarily cocoa-derived. I know, I know. Who am I? 
I was looking for recipes for Blondies and ended up tweaking a few for this one-bowl recipe. Few ingredients, minimum mess, and it's really quick and easy- a winner for sure!


Very Best One-Bowl Blondies

Here's what you need:
  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 2 cups light or dark (richer flavor) brown sugar, packed (go ahead and leave some "sugar lumps" in the batter!)
  • 2 eggs
  • a generous dash pure vanilla (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 2 cups unbleached flour
  • 1/2 cups walnuts (toasted if you wish)
Here's what you do:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
  2. Butter 13 x 9 baking pan
  3. Place walnuts in frying pan in single layer over medium heat OR bake on pan for 10 or so minutes, if desired
  4. Meanwhile, cream butter and brown sugar in large bowl; add eggs and vanilla
  5. Add salt and flour and blend well; gently fold in walnuts
  6. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth
  7. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until edges start to brown
  8. Cool & sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, slice...and EAT!!!
You may add a different kind of nut, or omit the nuts altogether if they're not your thing. You can also add a cup of chocolate chips to the batter (phew, I don't feel so traitor-like now). Since there is no baking powder, these Blondies don't rise and they stay really soft and gooey. So, SO good! Enjoy!
 Preteen tested and approved!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...