Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer Fun and Some Home Improvement Details

You know big things are about to happen when there's a toilet sitting in your garage. I mean, really. That's big stuff right there.  ;)

I feel like we haven't tackled any of those last few things on our 'House List' in a while. Honestly, the work outside has occupied every spare second kept us busy. I'll have to add some more photos because the grass is growing now and the whole yard looks so different. Wow. That was a gi-nor-mous project, but now it's time to focus on the inside.

But it's summer. And it's hot. HOT! I guess we'll just chip away at that list as we're able because I am definitely not missing out on summer fun with my kids. A shelf or a door knob (or a toilet!) can wait...making memories cannot. We were so excited about taking just Caleb and Isabelle on an impromptu trip to the zoo and amusement park last night since the older two are at sleep-overs, although I will admit there's a part of me that is never settled when we're off doing something with one or two but missing the other one or two. I know spending time alone with parents is crucial, but as the parent, it's something that's much more challenging than I'd ever have thought. I hate the idea of experiencing something fun without everyone there to be part of it. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Anyhoo. I glanced at the hours online (why I didn't do this before we made our plans is beyond me) as W was driving home from work only to discover that the zoo closes at 5. It take an hour to get there, and we couldn't even leave before 4:15. Ugh. So we did what any sensible parent who has already hinted at a fun, special time out together does and we ate out and closed down the local swimming pool. I wrote on instagram how strange it felt to not be outnumbered for a change, ha!

Today as we embark on another adventure, I'm not making eye contact with that toilet out there. Well, you know what I mean. =)

Then again, this picture was taken one year ago, and he looks like he's having fun, right?

If you want to see our summer fun shenanigans, you can find me on IG as 'roseandruffle' here.

In sewing news, I made something for myself that I adore (finally) and a denim maxi skirt for I- her official first maxi skirt. I'm both ecstatic and a little sad. It feels like yesterday she was wearing ruffled bloomers and pinafores. Post here.

Hope it's a great day for you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...