Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, April 6, 2015

CINDERELLA, COOKING, CLEANING AND CATS

We had a full weekend of reflecting on God's goodness as well as having lots of fun with family. I'll share Easter pictures later. I love how Isabelle's dress turned out, but I don't have pictures of the details and such just yet- it was so cold yesterday, and snow is predicted for much of this week, I wasn't about to head outside for "pretty pictures." Although...doesn't she look so beautiful in her Cinderella dress here? And so grown up! Waaaaaaaaaah. Pass the kleenex.

We had a Mommy-Daughter date to the movies last weekend. Can you guess what we saw? So much fun, and such a wonderful movie. She is so self-conscious recently (that's another post for another day) that I was really surprised when she said she wanted to wear her costume dress. I actually hesitated, but thank goodness I didn't object because she felt so special wearing it. I would have deeply regretted that.

Let's just pretend that plastic bag isn't over there...

This sweet boy of mine has been helping in the kitchen so much lately. It's a special time together. He has such a good heart, wanting to serve and help. Now if we could just get him to put things back where they go.  ;)

I wish our cats had some personality. Ha Ha

On Good Friday afternoon we made these Resurrection Rolls with my parents, who had dropped by unexpectedly. I love how this one right here turned out, looking just like an open, emptied tomb. So neat!

I found myself getting irritable and upset quite often during Easter weekend, and honestly, I was mad at myself for it. I don't know about you, but I often feel that there are so many expectations- put on by myself, I'm sure- and then instead of focusing on the beauty of his resurrection, I'm wasting my energy on things that shouldn't really matter. But I'm human, and a Mom, and I want that perfect photo of my kids all dressed up, and I want the memories of a special day/weekend, and... This has been a big trap for me lately. My priorities are not what they should be, and I KNOW the answer is in spending time in God's Word and being quiet and intentional in my time with Him, but I can't make myself do it. Does that make me sound awful? That I can't make myself read the Bible or spend quiet time with God?

Well, it feels pretty awful. So now I have a choice, and I want to choose well, to choose the very best.

Lastly, I feel so out of control with my house. Literally. There are bags here, stuff over there, piles of this and that pretty much...everywhere! Ack! This is not the environment I want for myself or my family, not at all. I don't even know what or how it happened, but it's draining the life right out of me and I need to make a change. But not just yet...right now I've got to finish up this no-longer-hot tea, finish up (what I really mean is make, but that would make me feel even worse, so...) lunches, and go get my little loves ready for a brand new day. And we're going to pray for one another.

Have a great Monday today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a needlepoint I did many, many, many years ago that says:
Cleaning and cooking can wait till tomorrow, for babies grow up we learn to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep. One day your house will be clean, there will be no fingerprints, no toys, and no kids. Enjoy them now, the rest can wait.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...