Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, July 9, 2018

Sweet Summertime

Hey friends! It's been a minute, haha! Just getting into the swing of summer, because for us, it only started two weeks ago, and so far, so good. :) We've been strawberry picking, swimming nearly every day, the lakes, the beach, pool parties, to the movies...and now, I'm tired! HA There have also been so many sweet moments between siblings, and it feels even more special knowing how much things will change once college begins.

Last week was one of the longest stretches of heat wave that I can ever remember here in NH. We don't have a/c since it only gets hot for two months out of the year, but oh, can those hot, sticky nights be just plain miserable. We put in an a/c unit in our window and had a week-long family sleepover. I learned I'm not really a fan of the week-long family sleepover, at least in my room. But our upstairs rooms reached 88F by the middle of each day, so hot you could barely breathe, so there really wasn't another option. Just glad it's over! :)

I've got plans to post some pictures of our landscaping and the new vegetable garden, which is doing great, as well as some personal thoughts on motherhood. I feel like I'm always playing catch up on our activities that I don't really write much else, and I miss talking about more personal stuff. Maybe no one else misses it, but that's okay, ha ha.

Onto the pics!!

my morning buddy, not much changed there. ha ha ha ha





 Ethan often pulls over the chair and the two of them cook up something yummy.
#aww

we decided to move the patio table from the pool to the deck, and we love it! Inaugural lunch :)

 slow mornings are nice mornings, for a while anyway - my type A personality can't take too much unstructured time, ha ha


this sums up how we felt about summer Story Time with way too many big kids running around

 we'd rather be hard at work computing :)

or browsing the books

I'll let the rest speak for themselves...just lots of fun in the sun!













I'll share highlights of our 4th festivities in the next post- we did some new things and it was lots of fun!

Oh! And THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the orders for Rose & Ruffle! They keep me busy, yes, but I am so grateful. I have some sewing projects to share too- do you guys like to read them here, or have them on a specific sewing/crafty blog, like Rose & Ruffle? Just wondering! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...