Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Friday, December 21, 2018

Isabelle's Colorful Winter Birthday Party

Isabelle's birthday was on Saturday this year, so we celebrated on her actual day. Fun fun! There were some hiccups because of basketball (and the fact that there is STILL no schedule posted so we have no idea from week to week when her games are, ugh), but we were able to bump it up from an evening party to a mid morning one, and that worked really well. It was so nice to see the sunshine!


And even though you'll never escape Christmas decorations at your birthday party when you're born in December, you can still bring in pretty and fun colors! Those darling snowflake cookie cutters came as a set (Wilton, I believe) and they added the perfect touch to the table.


I like the twinkle that the lights on the side table give...

Favors were so simple and easy and FUN: fuzzy Christmas socks for the win! We put in a few candy canes and kisses, and I think it beats the junk that everyone throws away anyway.

The girls enjoyed making hot cocoa, too. I put out some marshmallows and whipped cream, and they loved the thick peppermint sticks to swirl around in the mugs. I think those came from WalMart when I was shopping for gingerbread house supplies. :) 

I dislike plastic tablecloths  all opened up too, but I think they make a great runner when kept in half. Easy, cheap, and adds perfect color!

Our birthday girl!



She had asked for a camera and new yoga pants. I don't think she's put the new camera down all week! :)

You know how I feel about sharing pics of other people's kids online, so no party pics, but isn't this hooded blanket the absolute best thing ever?!?! Her friends gave such fun and thoughtful gifts!

The basketball game was an hour away, so Caleb drove Bill and Isabelle out there, and it was really quiet here at home. I don't think I have to tell you that I didn't mind one bit. The game was a tough one, but Isabelle scored three points in the last minute! We ended the day with goodies and a movie all snuggled up in our fuzzy blankets. Such a good day! I can't believe my baby girl is TWELVE!


 Some of my favorites from over the years...












1 comment:

Terra Heck said...

Happy belated birthday to your daughter. Looks like she had a good one. The theme you created is a great one for a December birthday party.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...