Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, January 7, 2019

New Goals for a New Year!

Happy New Year, friends! I just settled Levi down - and miraculously, last night was the FIRST night since the beginning of December that he has slept without waking!!!! - so the fact that he was up only around 4:45 is actually something to celebrate, and he is now quiet in my room, so hooray!!

We have started off the year with a renewed sense of purpose, are working on some things that have caused us so much stress over the years (I'll share those later), and are making plans to realize some dreams of ours. Wow. Some shorter-term goals are to simplify and declutter room by room, and be suuuuper vigilant about what enters our home in the first place. Tricky when this involves gifts from family that, well, you just don't need or want.

And to laugh and enjoy the small things. Really! I shared on IG the other day how I've been feeling a lack of joy in my life, and that isn't how I want to live. I want my children to see a Mom who dreams and laughs and chooses well and loves unconditionally while holding onto Truth, without worrying about what people think, or how our situation compares to someone else's. I want others to see a light in me that comes from following Christ, and that can only happen when I allow Him to fill me up. And I'm learning that it's the small steps, the one foot in front of the other steps, that grow me on a daily basis much more than huge leaps and bounds, ie, loftier goals.

So here's to moving forward, one step at a time, in love and grace, with purpose and intention.

What are you dreaming about for the new year??

 Ok, can't do a post without pics, so here are a few from our NYE and New Year's Day. :)



Jonah got some new bamboo steamers from Santa and he made us dumplings and these custard buns. They were both delicious!!!



I have a love-hate relationship with ushering in a new year. This year, it was okay, although it does make me cry to think that he will be turning three this year. Three??!!

Still kind of stuck in that strange in between land of Christmas and New Year when you don't know what day it is or what you're doing, but smooches are always a good choice. :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...