Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Strawberry Yumminess And More Fun

I posted a picture of our Mama Chickadee in her house a while back, but it wasn't until last week that I discovered the one sweet little egg in there. We finally saw one teeny tiny baby wriggling around in there!

Just a few minutes ago, Bill and I were checking on the birdie house again, and I saw TWO little beaks squawking! I felt downright giddy! I know they're just common song birds, but watching those brand new little baby birds is amazing!

I went in to tell Jonah and Caleb good night and to turn out the light, and I could already hear the snores from out in the hallway! It wasn't even 8 o'clock and they were OUT! So cute! I opened up Isabelle's door and she was out cold too!
 love the pillowpal on his tummy!


I asked Ethan if he wanted to see the baby birds, so we ran outside to have a look...and there were THREE! Three little babies peeping and squeaking, waiting for their Mama to take care of them. She was right beside us, staring me down, so I backed away and she flew right in. So, so excited about three baby birds in Jonah's birdhouse!

This morning my parents brought Jonah home bright and early...okay, so it was 8:30- not that early, ha!...and we headed right out to the farm to go strawberry picking. Boy does that break your back after a few minutes, ha ha! We paid an arm and a leg for our berries and then headed to Hannaford's to pick up a carton of whipping cream and organic soy milk for milkshakes. I can't remember the last time I traipsed through the grocery store with all four kiddos in tow! It's so different now! Ethan and Jonah can go fetch things for me and Caleb carries heavy stuff "like a man."  =)

Oh, on the way to the strawberry farm, Caleb was having his turn in the front seat, and he suddenly asks me this: "Hey Mom, is that a sanitizer in the song?" Say what, sweetie? A sanitizer? His little brows furrowed as he tried to think of how to explain himself, and I listened to the song playing- it was a synthesizer! Oh did we all have a good chuckle over that one! Not too long ago he asked me when it was my turn to work in the concussion stand during baseball season....ah, I think you mean concession, sweetie! hee hee hee

Making the shortcake...

We had leftover pizza for lunch, and...strawberry milkshakes! Yum!

I hung out some clothes on the line while everyone read quietly, and then we were off to the pool. Some friends were there so that was lots of fun! I was glad to have put a chuck roast in the crockpot this morning, so we had pulled BBQ beef sandwiches tonight, and I didn't really have to do anything except slice the rolls and open a bag of chips, which is always an added bonus. I forgot to get cole slaw when we were at the store, so I tossed some strawberries and walnuts on top of some baby spinach- I always like to have something green at dinner.

We took turns whipping up the cream- don't they look overjoyed?
Sleepy kiddos!


Mmmmmmm.........

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with a friend of mine from high school. We were in each other's weddings- I was 6 1/2 months pregnant with Ethan!- but then she moved away and we lost touch. Thanks to Facebook we reconnected last year, and now get to see each other for the first time in more than a decade! I hope my children behave well....   :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...