Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like...winter???

Yes, we're up to our eyeballs in the white stuff now. Over a foot and counting! I may still be dreaming of spring, but I don't mind the snow for now. It has been boring with temps so cold and no snow to play in!

I hardly ever sleep past 6:00 or so on the weekends, but this morning I was shocked to see it was past 7:30 when I blinked my eyes open! Bill was downstairs taking care of everything/one, so I laid in my bed for a little while longer and read. It was a very nice gift. Bill even brought me coffee and some Monkey Bread he'd just made- that really put a smile on my face!

It was just a nice, leisurely, no-place-to-be kind of Saturday morning. I love this picture I got of Isabelle playing under the "parachute" the sheets made...I can't even begin to describe how cute her giggles were!


I guess it was also a lazy day because it was pouring rain and no one wanted to go outside, which was kind of a shame after getting all that fresh snow two days ago! Poor listless Ethan couldn't stand it any longer and headed out to...shovel in the rain, ha! He said we'd got another three or so inches in the night, but since I hadn't looked outside at the driveway yet, I had no idea.

The rain was quickly turning it to thick slush!

Ethan and Jonah are both gone tonight- with our parents for sleepovers. {yay!}
That left the youngest of the brood so we ventured to someplace we could never go to with the older ones. And I had a coupon.  =)

That blur pretty much sums up our time there! Caleb and she certainly ran off some energy! It was a cute, fun little place for a rainy afternoon.

And now Bill and I are eating a late dinner and watching a movie from the RedBox. We made Chicken Cordon Bleu, yum, one of our favorites, paired with steamed Baby Spinach, and bakery canoli (red squiggly lines are appearing, so apparently I do not know how to spell canoli) for dessert.

Oh, and one last thing I've discovered...or maybe just had reaffirmed, while I was making said late dinner.
Do not leave me alone with a bag (or dish) of peanut M&Ms. Ever.
If you wanted any, that is. Gulp.

Okay, now it's time for my special date!!  G'night!!

1 comment:

Sennie said...

So glad you got some snow to play in!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...