Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Fun...and Ten on Ten: December 2012

I haven't participated in a Ten on Ten in a loooong time, but I just love the idea of capturing snippets of my daily life so I won't ever forget all the little things. Click here to read more.

Someone didn't want to get up this morning.
Someone has the most wild & unruly awesome bed head EVER!
{this happens to be the tame side, ha!}  :)

Almost-birthday boy Caleb happily tells me the time
Every.Twenty.Seconds.
He loves his new watch!

This one might be smiling for the camera, but he wasn't smiling before. Or afterwards.
Go figure! He did make me French Vanilla tea when I wasn't feeling well earlier tonight, so...I'll keep him.  =)

My Christmas cactus is beginning to bloom! Don't look closely- she needs a little dusting!
**I was shopping sans camera this morning, so my pics jump ahead to lunchtime**

Yippee! It's time for Christmas colored mini PB cups!
After lunch, Isabelle Kate asked if she could make patterns with them, after promising not to eat any more, ha!
She can be so funny lately (when she isn't having an all-out screaming fit), wanting to design and create, and always singing {loudly} as she works. When there is no screaming, there is much singing!

Isabelle helped me change my sheets, and then we did hers. Here she is spraying "princess spray" on her fitted sheet, and then we spritzed some on mine. I also bought Bill and me new pillows today...very exciting, I know. Anyhoo, they are going to feel sooooo good!

Even though I felt a mild migraine coming on, I just had to finish cutting in along the ceiling and windows in our bedroom. I've seen a few spots where I'll need to touch up a bit, but overall, it looks really pretty. And done!
Aside from a few doors, Ethan's cut-ins are the only painting job remaining, and then the WHOLE HOUSE has been painted, top to bottom!!!
Don't you just love this serene grey-blue color?

Love this! Spy Guy face and hat head hair!

 Last night we gathered everyone in the kitchen to make Chinese Chocolate Spiders, and...it was a total FAIL!
I bought store brand butterscotch chips and they wouldn't melt! They just turned into goopy paste, so we couldn't finish. Ugh. Tonight while I was resting (okay, totally fell asleep because of that headache), Bill whipped up a batch for us- he'd stopped by the store on the way home to get the butterscotch chips, aww...that was super sweet, right?
They are good!

Oops! That's only 9 photos...it was the headache's fault!
Here are a couple from our weekend...

Bill and I were so annoyed that Caleb's soccer coach never got the boys team shirts, so he stopped by Wal-Mart one afternoon and bought twelve t-shirts and a bunch of iron-on number decals so we could make some. (The cost would've been around $9 a shirt at a professional place, and we aren't sure we're getting reimbursed, so, well, no thanks!) These shirts are around $4.50- not bad!

Since Caleb's birthday is on 12/12/12 this year, this is the number he chose...of course! 

Family party for Caleb! Don't ask why there's a pig flying on the side...I have no idea!  :)
We had a great time & Caleb was so happy! His party planning didn't go according to, well, plan, so there is quite a story to tell later. I was so happy to see him so happy.

Shame on me! I broke the cardinal rule of December birthday gift-giving, tsk tsk.
I couldn't find any non-Christmasy wrapping paper. Anywhere! Thankfully I had this one roll laying around, though I have no idea why I'd have only this one and none of the others. I have since found out my whole stash is at my in-law's house still. Of course, ha!

I'm noticing my pictures aren't as clear as they used to be- I think my poor camera needs a good cleaning, but I don't want to not have it for Christmas! What to do, what to do....

4 comments:

twinkietotmom said...

I need to make those sweets! My mother in law does and I love them!!!

Mirys Segalla said...

Great set!
And yes I love this gray blue color! Beautiful!

Kisses and blessings.
Mirys
www.diariodos3mosqueteiros.blogspot.com
(participating from Brazil!!!)

Unknown said...

I love Christmas cactus! Beautiful!
Howdy! New follower from the GFC Hop! Always glad to find and great new site!
Hope you will hop over and follow back!
Merry Christmas nad Be blessed,
Julie @ Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk

www.heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com

Bev said...

hi, i following the GFC blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

thanks
new follower bev

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...