Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Thoughts of Autumn. And a Tablescape

Good Tuesday morning to you! We had such a great weekend, filled with friends and great food and family- love weekends like that! Today, the sun shines brilliant against the happy, breathtaking blue and the trees in our backyard have begun to burst with the most fantastic crimsons and oranges and yellows. It is so beautiful here in New England!

It's no secret that our dining room here isn't my favorite space of all time (and I really miss our old dining room, sigh.). It serves double duty now as both a music studio...well, actually triple duty if you consider that the family dog, Ryder, has the monopoly on one corner (his crate fits nowhere else here), and of course, the actual eating part. Furthermore, while waiting to find just the right hutch off Craig's List, my sideboard is really on old TV stand. It's not perfect, but it works for now. So with all that in mind, here's our dining room (and a peek at the kitchen table).

I adore pumpkins and apples, and you can't really ever go wrong when adding those to the mix for fall.



I entertained the idea of putting out table settings, but it just isn't practical with this big family of mine. Meaning, all the plates are in the dishwasher.  ;)

My mother made me the two napkins that I've used as a small table runner right after I got married. I remember that thrill of setting my little newlywed table in our equally little first apartment with these gorgeous napkins from my Mom. I love looking at them and remembering those days.


I love candles too! The ceramic one is Hazelnut Latte, and it always makes me crave coffee - it smells that good! The children take turns lighting the pillars each night at dinner. Candlelight makes everything seem extra special.
The runner is from Guatemala during our stay there while completing Isabelle's adoption. We used to watch the women weaving along the streets and in certain little alleys during our walks into the center of town. Such special memories.


The kitchen table is visible from the dining room, so I keep a simple bowl of fruit and some flowers on it.



Here's a quick look at the dining room's humble beginnings... our very first time walking through last September, when it was used a family room:
(I guess that corner is destined for pianos, ha)
Here it is in late October with freshly painted ceilings- I think they're still wet in this picture!-- but I'm not entirely sure if we'd painted the walls yet or not. That carpet was so, so dirty. Really dirty. I was ecstatic the day we ripped that out and gave it the ole heave-ho!

Here's one more photo of how the dining room looks today:

Now it's time to empty the dishwasher, toss in some more laundry, get in some sewing for my shop, and then meet some friends this afternoon. Happy Tuesday!


I wrote about our updated, ready for fall, family room here.

sharing with//
centsational girl

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

It looks great! I don't usually decorate my table too much. It seems to be always in use! LOL! I am just happy if it is not decorated with syrup and crumbs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...