Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, July 21, 2014

Girls' Day...All Week Long!

I am always amazed at how different things feel when members of the family are missing. Our house was so quiet every single morning the week the boys were off at camp, I honestly didn't know what to do with myself! Isabelle Katie is my late sleeper, so I literally had every morning to myself until around 8 or 8:30.

The first few days were nice, but then it just got lonely. And kind of sad. I missed my boys!!!

One day after swim lessons we had a picnic date at the park. We don't eat much fast food, but for our special date, I let her get a Happy Meal. Oh joy. No, for real. You'd have thought she just won some huge prize, but really it was just a teeny tiny stuffed animal thing (who has slept beside her since that day!).

Several of our friends happened to be at the pool that day. Don't you just love it when things like that work out? Everyone had so much fun!

 I was picking up new thread and looked down and saw this. Totally my girl.  =)

Daddy took Isabelle on a date, too! But she probably had way more fun with him, because he takes her to get her nails done. She hadn't ever had a pedicure before, and she was SO excited to tell me about the lady slathering lotion on her feet and legs after they soaked, ha ha!

My Mom and I whisked her away for a special day later in the week. First we went to the farm to see goats, enormous pigs, and other farm animals, as well as this handsome fella. He was working really hard to impress the lady.

No, she didn't look terribly impressed to us, either.

I forget what it was called, but it had huge chunks of fudge and brownie batter swirls in it, and it was good! I had a small pistachio and it was so creamy and delicious. Yum!

Next we headed off to Newbury, NH to visit the summer estate home of John Hay (The Fells). Absolutely gorgeous.








Deep in thought constructing a fairy hut in the Fairy Village.

There is a post up on the Rose & Ruffle blog about some sewing projects. I focused mainly on the tunic top pictured on Isabelle above...the top that made me cry and nearly got kicked to the curb. I also wrote a little more about our day at The Fells. You can read about it here.

Have a great week! The temps are supposed to skyrocket again, so we'll be in the water somewhere for sure! Ahh, summer.  ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...