Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

IS IT SUMMER YET?

Whew. The past two weeks got away from me. I'm trying to keep extra busy, in the good way, to keep my mind off the twenty feet of snow outside my house, temperatures that have barely reached the teens for weeks now, and the piles and piles of boots, mittens, hats, snowpants and coats that spend their days (and nights) sprawled across every flat surface imaginable just to dry out for the next day's adventures. It's still dark by 5 pm and not light until nearly 7 am. Argh. Yes, these are the hardest days for me, and I can feel my spirits slipping a little. There are also some things I can't share right now that are threatening to undo me and send me straight into panic mode, but I'm remembering to take it all to God. Now if I could just leave it with Him and stop fretting/dreading/worrying... Today I am going to pray for those of us struggling with anxiety and worrisome situations, and I hope you'll pray for me, too.

Anyhoo.

Is it summer yet?

One of my dear friends from church came over for lunch with this cutie and her son, who is Jonah's age, and we had a great time. Isabelle was in heaven. So much fun having a real, live baby doll.  ;)
 
I looked outside during one of the latest storms and had to laugh at the sight of Isabelle's birthday party balloons bobbling around in the wind and snow. Funny thing is, it definitely isn't the first time, not with two winter birthdays, but it just makes me smile. Who knows?

Do you see that awesome catch over to the right? Yup. That's my Jonah. We are so very proud of him for joining the basketball team for the very first time as an 8th grader, and he has done well! I don't think I could have handled that kind of pressure at that age! I love watching them play and cheering them on. We had a soul-crushing loss last week, but this game on Saturday was just the boost we needed. So much fun!

Lastly, here is a little glimpse of Isabelle's party. I had the best of intentions to write up a little post about it last week...oops. Maybe this will be the week. It was Frozen-inspired, and I was pretty pleased that it all cost under twenty bucks!   =)

Well, we just got the call that there will be a 2-hour delay today. Seems like the perfect excuse for a big, hot breakfast. Have a great day!

You can find me on instagram here for more snippets of our daily life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...