Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Saturday, June 6, 2015

BIRTHDAY PLANS & BUSY DAYS

Goodness. I love my children more than my own life, but SOMETIMES I just want to crawl under the covers, a rock- it doesn't really matter-, and simply be left alone. Just be. You know? So of course, today, on a day when I've got a million and a half things going on, is the day to pick fights and be underfoot and squabble and and and... I don't have the mental reserves for this right now, ha! I'm super excited because my husband and I are going away overnight tomorrow for his birthday. Oh wait. I do get to hide after all! But first I've got to make it through today!

Before we get too much farther into June, I thought I'd post these cute pictures from Memorial Day and last week. I just made Isabelle the most gorgeous maxi dress with an eyelet bodice, so I'll be sharing a tutorial on that, as well as working with eyelet lace. Please don't die of anticipation, alrighty? She wore it to her school concert, and by the way, this year she did not chat incessantly in between songs, making this rule-keeping Mama very happy. =)

Okay, here are the pictures. Hope you're having a great day! Twenty four hours from now, I will be smiling, relaxing, swimming(?), reading, basically doing whatever the heck we feel like without whining or interruptions from the peanut gallery. Oh gosh, that sounds heavenly.

Memorial Day festivities...



Please look at how cute this boy is and do not look at how dirty that mirror is. M'kay? I wish I could say that this was a "play" shave. But it was not. Growing up so fast.

Slumming it in the bowels of the bridge.
Seek the Joy. I'm not a fan of graffiti, and this isn't particularly artsy or anything, but the message is a good one.

I snapped some pictures of Isabelle at ballet practice- we watch on a monitor- for her Daddy to see. I don't think she loves it as much as gymnastics, but she is very good. Big recital coming up this week!

Waiting for slugger-boy at practice...and starting my first Lian Moriarty novel. Which I've had to put on hold because I'm reading two others right now and cannot handle adding a third to the mix. There was a big baseball parade this morning, and then play-offs Monday. He had such a fantastic season! I'm very thankful.

I shared this on instagram last week. Bill and I had this whole fun date night planned while the boys were off doing other things, and well, Isabelle goes to bed early. Things were soured quickly. Someone was pitching fits left and right and basically rained on our happy little date parade. Boo. But thank goodness for new starts and forgiveness and grace. This was us on our way into church the next morning.

I was gardening and looked up and thought this was so lovely. The oak leaves are the last to open, and the colors looked so beautiful.

She has the world's best big brothers. She has no idea how blessed she is, yet anyway.


This is what happens when you try for a me-and-the-mister selfie. Goons.

I know Texas has had too much rain, but we were severely parched until one evening when the storm clouds rolled in. I just love curtains blowing in the wind.

Here are nightgowns for twins that a customer requested to resemble Sofia the First's nightie...I thought they turned out so cute. I sure hope she likes them!


Wish me luck for tomorrow! Oh! And here is the "cake" that the birthday man requested...so, so GOOD!


You're welcome.  ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...