Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Happy First Day Back...

Oh. Oops. Today was supposed to be the first of homeschool, but since it's already thirty-eight degrees beyond insanity and it isn't even seven AM, we're going to the beach instead.

This summer has been a big one. My sweet baby boy now drives a car. How did that even happen? My other little boy is now in high school, and made it through an intense round of cuts for a spot on the soccer team. So proud of him! The undertaking of planning and prepping for all four learning at home this year has been just a tad all-encompassing and consuming.  ;) And, well, we've just had fun. Lots of treks to the mountains, the beach, lakes, obscene amounts of ice cream ingested, not that anyone has complained a bit.

I've also been thinking a lot about the situation with the Duggar family, and any family, really, caught up and forever changed now as a result of this latest sin tragedy. Heartbreaking. I've been upset by lots of friends and acquaintances who make jokes and snide comments about the whole ordeal, and an anger burns deep: this isn't funny! None of it is funny! I'm curious to see how the Duggar family responds and behaves in the coming months, and I believe that their deepest desire is to see God glorified and honored throughout it all, and I'm hopeful for that will look like. Many of us know firsthand just how our great God can transform ashes into things of infinite beauty- I know I do- and He can certainly transform the darkness there. The world is watching and waiting, and what a wonderful testimony they can be. But it takes time, courage, humility, and lots of hard work to save a marriage and rebuild trust.

The request for pancakes was already put in last night, so I'd better get to it before I start sweating in the batter. Ew. Sorry. That was gross, even for me, ha. I'd post a picture, but my head is pounding so I'll have to wait till next time. Hope you have a great day!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...