Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year & Goals for 2017


Happy New Year!
2016 was a big year for our family, and although I typically mourn the "loss" of a year when we ring in the new one, I have to say that I was surprisingly ready for it this time. Even looking forward to a brand new year, right from the get-go. Normally it takes me a few days or so to ease into brand new, ha.
 I was disappointed that we had to cancel some plans with friends because several of us just weren't feeling well, so our celebrating was about as low-key as it gets. But Isabelle helped me set this up for our 9:30 pm ringing in...I was aiming for ten, but baby boy had other ideas and I was just plain exhausted.


Like many, I've spent a lot of time thinking and planning, and even a little dreaming about this new year. Levi is simply amazed at the possibilities. ha ha ha


This picture has nothing to do with anything, other than the fact that I didn't take his picture on Christmas Eve, and this is what he wore. So it's doing double duty here for New Year's. Baby boys in plaid, and sweater vests!, are just yummy. Well, those little grey suit pants make me weak in the knees, too. :)

After a weekend of list-making, goal-setting, and prioritizing needs versus wants, I did something I feel like I haven't done in ages...I plopped down in front of the TV with absolutely no agenda at all and inhaled enjoyed my salted caramel popcorn.

So what are my goals? Pretty simple, actually.
Being more intentional about Bible reading and my prayer life, and sharing that with our kids
Planning more time with friends, individually and as a family
Carving more FUN into my daily life
Seeking adventure, especially with my husband

There you have it. What things are you hoping to accomplish or get better at in 2017?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...