Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: January 2017

Good morning! I'm linking up HERE today for What's Up Wednesday! Thanks for stopping by. :)

Today is a Wednesday that feels like a Monday. We had a snow day yesterday, which made yesterday feel like a strange Saturday/Sunday kind of day, and all morning long I keep thinking that today is Monday. But we're halfway to the weekend already! I'll take it!


What We're Eating This Week...
Since today is Wednesday, it's Donuts & Coffee Day - don't even ask me when that tradition started, but it's been going strong for quite a while now. I think we have so many "food days" now that I keep track of the weekdays based on what we're eating!

And since it has been so cold, we're eating lots of hot, yummy comfort foods, too.


Yesterday's Snow Day was the perfect day for Beef Stew & Homemade Rolls- I think the recipe for both are in the link below. Yum!

One of our favorites for slower weekend mornings! This is the best coffeecake I've ever eaten!

These are a bit time-consuming, but they are to die for. Seriously.

Last night we had Brownie Volcano for dessert after enjoying steamy hot Beef Stew and homemade rolls...I can't believe I've never blogged that recipe because I make it all the time and it's a family favorite! Maybe this weekend...

What I'm Reminiscing About...
Birthday parties from when our kids were younger. It seems like so long ago, and time is moving along too quickly!
Poor Isabelle. Because her birthday is the end of December, and Caleb is in the middle of December, we typically push her party out until January. And now it's almost February, and I've completely lost my momentum. I feel awful. Maybe her Dad and I will bring her and a friend to the AG store in Boston (soon!), and then she can have her coveted pool party this summer for a half birthday. #momguilt
I'm currently redoing some of my older posts, so they don't have links, but I hope to have them done in the next few weeks. I have LOVED some of their birthday parties over the years!
Aaaand now if anyone needs me, I'm the one over here snot-sobbing into my cup of coffee because why do my babies have to grow up anyway?



Posa (Butterfly) Party

Ethan's Tenth Birthday Party
When my oldest turned double digits, but the others were still so small, it didn't feel as bad. Now that Isabelle is ten, I really feel it. Not sure how to handle all these emotions!




Isabelle's Frozen-inspired party

 I posted some of the parties to another blog during my blog identity crisis a few years ago, but a lot of them are here under the label "birthday parties"

 What I'm Loving...
Baby snuggles. All day, erryday.
My heart was utterly broken after our failed adoptions. And then God gave us this beautiful boy, this miracle baby, and I am so humbled and amazed and thankful. So thankful.

From when he was teeny tiny...
...and now.
I adore him

What We've Been Up To...
Shoveling snow. ha ha ha
No seriously, shoveling snow.



And painting trim. So.Much.Trim!!!

What I'm Dreading...
More snow. I've said it before, I just feel so done with harsh winters. I love snow, really!, but only a few times each year would be lovely.
And painting trim. HA! Actually, the trim isn't so bad; it's the doors that are k-i-l-l-i-n-g me. If I could afford it, I'd buy all new doors JUST to not have to paint them!

What I'm Working On...
I've got one custom order nightgown to finish and then Rose & Ruffle is taking a little break. I need to start planning a first birthday party!!!
I've made over 35 flannel nightgowns, like this one, this season!
THANK YOU so much to my wonderful customers!!!


 This spring, I'll be back with nightgowns, dresses & bonnets...

...and hopefully some cute things for little boys, too!



What I'm Excited About...
See above! I've had ideas swarming around my head for months now about Levi's First Birthday. It's going to be so cute!
Also, I'm nearly finished with this pretty lilac room- it has been painted for a while, but I'm adding the curtains this weekend, and we put up shelves and other wall decor last week...it's so pretty!- AND we are moving Levi into his own room next month. I'm both sad and excited about this one. But super excited to create an adorable nursery for my sweet baby boy!

What I'm Watching...
The baby just started sleeping better but I'm still in bed by 8:30/9 pm. Not much time for TV, although if you follow me on Instagram then you know what I watched yesterday! Gotta make up for nine months of three to four hours of sleep each night.

What I'm Reading...
Lots of Dave Ramsey's articles, a mother's devotional book, Walking with God in the Season of Motherhood by Melissa B. Kruger, and every board book Sandra Boynton has ever written. =)

What I'm Listening To...
We got Jeremy Camp's I Will Follow CD at his concert back in November, and I still listen to it all the time. So, so good. And... the Annie soundtrack. It's so fun!

What I'm Wearing...
Many layers
ha ha ha
 And boots!

What I'm Doing This Weekend...
Our family has had the hardest time staying healthy this year, well, technically last year I guess, and I'm hoping we've broken that trend because we've had to postpone and reschedule tons of get-togethers with friends. This weekend should be filled with 4th grade basketball, Ethan's first soccer game with his new club, my niece's sixth birthday party, and a potluck with friends from church. I'm also hoping to sneak in a nice, long walk, and maybe a little family hike through the snowy woods. Hooray!

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month...
Valentine's Day! Some people loathe it but I am not one of them. I LOVE Valentine's Day! Not for presents or lofty romantic gestures or chocolate- well, okay, yes for chocolate!- but because I love every chance I get to do something special for my people.


Daddy does something special with Isabelle, like making homemade pasta for a fancy dinner...yummy!

What Else Is New...
This one stinks, but it's life - we bought a car a couple weeks ago and had to take it to a garage already...only to find out that it had been totally wrecked, bought at auction, put together (obviously not that well), and then sold to us from a local dealership without disclosing to us verbally or in writing that the car had been totaled the year before. Seriously!?!? Because it's a "salvaged" vehicle, insurance won't cover any damages EVER, though we have to pay to have it insured by law, and the warranty is now null and void, another big reason why we'd chosen this vehicle. Now we're waiting to hear from the lending office to see if they completely cancel the loan. Thankfully it's a small one, but still big enough to do some major damage to our budget. Regardless, it looks like we will lose our down payment and a few hundred dollars for some other things. Ouch. We've been trying to be SO careful with our finances, so this felt like a major burn. We trust God to provide everything we need, so we know everything will work out in the end. It's still hard, though.


Question of the Month - Who Is Your Favorite Bachelor/Bachelorette?
Don't hate me. I don't watch the show. However, I must say the few times I've tuned in, I liked Emily and how protective she was of her daughter, I thought Jason was a really nice guy- admittedly, breaking up with the girl on national TV and then kissing the other one that same night was not his finest moment - and I thought Sean was very respectful and genuine. I'm actually impressed that I know that many names, ha ha ha

If this was your first time visiting my blog, then welcome! You can follow along here or with bloglovin'. I'm on IG @bethanylivs_life

I hope you're having a great day! And if you're a Mom with teens and a baby, I'd love to connect so please say hello!
#somanyemotions
Share your wisdom with me! Or at least tell me I'm not all alone. :)


1 comment:

Heather @ Everywhere Joy said...

Your kids are just precious! Loved seeing all these birthday shots, and that one with your daughter cooking is the sweetest! You have such a beautiful family. I've loved clicking around your blog- you are so positive and encouraging. Keep it up!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...