Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Better For You Fudge Recipe and New Items at Rose and Ruffle

I have a sweet tooth. In fact, it's probably more appropriate- and accurate!- to say that in the plural form: I have sweet teeth, ha ha. With the exception of a few wayward moments, I was able to stay on track avoiding sugar, gluten, legumes, and basically lots more things through Valentine's Day.

But I decided that since I could find a healthier option for me for the special day of love, I should! Life is meant to be celebrated, and Valentine's Day without chocolate just doesn't cut it in my book. Here is what I did make. I found the recipe on Pinterest and altered it slightly, so it isn't completely paleo. I replaced the nut butter with peanut butter, mainly because that's all I had on hand. We don't eat tons of peanut butter here, so I don't worry about having it occasionally. I also reduced the amount of maple syrup, and combined equal parts dark chocolate and regular cocoa powder- I know cocao powder is slightly different, and better for you, but again, I didn't have that and it had been daaaaays since I'd eaten chocolate or any sweets, so I wanted this NOW. ;)

As it turns out, it needs to chill for two hours in the fridge. Figures. ha ha (But I did lick the spatula and it was heavenly!!)



Here's What You'll Need

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil (which looks kind of like shortening in a jar)
1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
1/4 cocoa powder
2-3 Tbsp maple syrup 
dash sea salt
 
parchment paper or waxed paper
bread loaf pan or small baking dish

Here's What You Do

Line the bread pan or baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough on the sides so you can lift the fudge out of the pan after it chills

Add the ingredients to a small saucepan, and over low heat, stir until melted and smooth. The recipe I pinned stressed the importance of using a whisk, but I just used a spatula. Perhaps that's why my fudge looks flatter? Dunno. Anyway, this didn't take more than a few minutes total.

Once smooth, pour into the lined pan and place in the fridge. I bet you could freeze this to hurry up the process, but I honestly didn't even think of that. Must've been delirious with withdrawal symptoms! You need to store this in the fridge as well, and be prepared to get fudge smeared all over your fingers because it gets soft very quickly as you hold it.


Enjoy!!!

I purchased these new fabrics in the dead of winter when it was still like thirteen degrees below zero. They made me so happy! I've got several new designs this year, so it's really fun to see these come to life, so to speak. :)


I am so smitten with this pajama set! I just had to share the entire picture, but for the rest, I'm just sharing a little peak. ;)





You can visit Rose & Ruffle HERE. There are also a few flannel things that are just so pretty that I've marked on sale to make room for these new spring and summer items, so check it out!

I'm also on IG @roseandruffle.... I would love to share a photo of your little cutie so be sure to tag Rose & Ruffle...thanks!
 
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...