Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Friday, July 20, 2018

Friday Favorites!

So much for my intentions of actually posting this summer, ha ha! This has actually been a pretty low key week for us, and I STILL haven't been able to make the time to do it! Posts are coming, I promise. ;) I've still got garden and landscaping updates, as well as some changes in our bedroom and in Levi's room. Oh, and when Ethan heads to college, we'll be changing up the boys' shared space downstairs...but we're not going to even think about that just yet, right? Right. #cuethetears Or rather: #staymybaby

Anyhoo. I digress. :)

I know so many of you are packing in all things summer because you're gearing up for school in a few weeks, or LESS! I've got to say, I can't even imagine. And also, I think I might be a little jealous, HA! Summers are so different with big kids, they really are. Not necessarily bad, just different. Good thing I've still got two smaller ones to keep summers fun! ;)

I have to share this one! It just cracks me up! We've spent a LOT of time out here this year and I do love it. Twice this week we've had thunderstorms roll in in mere minutes and have had to evacuate rather quickly. I don't mind getting caught out in the rain, and the cooler air that came along with it felt SOOOOO good. It has been a really hot summer this year!


I don't know if this is nation wide, but a few theaters near us have summer movies for a dollar. It is fabulous! I brought the boys when they were small, and then with Isabelle, and I have the best memories of some fun trips to the movies and lunch with them. Well, this year I thought I'd brave the trip there with Levi, not really thinking he'd make it through, but he did great! He got a little antsy part way through, but then I just busted out some snacks and that did the trick. My Mom and Dad ended up coming with us last minute, and it was just the best morning. So fun! We saw Ferdinand- I thought it was adorable. And I only partially cried at two...no, three... parts. What a sap. I can't help it! Animal movies just get to me!
Look at Mr. Social! Waving to everyone, just saying "hey." SO unlike him- what is happening to my serious little guy?!?!?

Then we went out for lunch and got ice cream cones! My Dad, Grampy, treated, which was so sweet, and it worked out perfectly since I'd left my wallet in a JoAnn's bag in the sewing room (I'd dropped it in there quick when Levi took off toward the parking lot and had to run and grab his hand.) Such a beautiful summer day! And isn't Isabelle's new haircut the cutest! Her texture was just made for that style- I love it!

Here's a little sneak peek of my garden. It's small but has been growing so, so well. I think I may add another box next summer. Being out in our backyard on summer nights is probably my favorite thing to do!

So excited about this rose! The plant was nearly dead last month- shortly after planting it (Mother's Day gift), it lost its leaves and looked pitiful, so I've been babying it a bit, and this rose just opened the other day. Gorgeous!!!

I've also been quite busy sewing! These white dresses are my favorites, and apparently they're other Mama's as well because I seriously cannot keep up! Thank you so much to those who have supported me and my family! It means so much. :)

I hear from Mamas that these dresses are being worn as simple but elegant blessing and baptism dresses, beach portrait dresses, coming home dresses, and yes, of course... summer nightgowns! They're cotton and so soft, no harsh chemicals. They look so darling in pictures, especially sister sets, and can be made up to size 9/10!

(this dress has a ruffle at hem also)

Big brothers are the best! I find lots of gems on my phone that just make me smile. I love that they're always playing with Levi. I can't begin to explain the joy that he has brought to our whole family.


Speaking of Levi... he's up, time to go. Hope you have the best day and a super weekend! 

Joining in with Erika, Andrea and Narci today! Thanks, ladies!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...