Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy birthday... to me!

Yesterday was my birthday. 44. Wow, that sounds old. But I don't FEEL old, well, at least not most of the time. ;) It was a very full, fun day of celebrating.

I was thrilled when I was up around 3 (Levi, ugh, that part wasn't so thrilling...) and saw the moon shining so brightly and the stars just twinkling everywhere I looked. We've had so many foggy and rainy nights this month, and I guess I've taken for granted seeing those beautiful night skies. The sun was shining for a little while in the morning, but then the winds picked up and it got dark and cloudy. Oh well. It didn't rain buckets so I was a happy girl.


I made plans with this college student weeks ago to meet up for coffee. I was so happy to see him! I know he misses me (I hope he misses me!) but I KNOW he misses Levi. It always seems so much harder to be away from the littler ones, don't you think?


Funny boys :)

He wouldn't smile and show his teeth. We paid an arm and a leg for those teeth and I want to see them! ha ha So handsome!! (Maybe it's weird to not share where he attends school, but it feels like the right thing to do, for me, so that's why I cover things up.)

Then I met my parents for lunch, and I've got to admit, I was nervous about Levi in the restaurant. He was a monster in RI last week. But he did a great job! He basically ate popcorn and drank his milk, and wouldn't touch anything else. Well, except the giant brownie sundae at the end. He had no problem choking that down. ha ha ha

These pretty roses were waiting for me when we got home!

I picked up Caleb from school around 5:15, when his driver's ed class gets out, and the sun popped out again. It was stunning! I made him drive me up to our favorite hill and he gladly obliged.


Just a little bright!! ;)

Yup. This is me at forty-four. I've been doing a little soul searching/digging, and making some changes. I feel good!

Back home for take out and ice cream cake, one of my favorites!


It was a great day and I have so much I'm thankful for. I'll be back with Halloween details...they looked so, so cute!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...