Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Friday, May 9, 2014

Crepes with Strawberries, Cream & Chocolate Drizzle

Wow, it's Friday! This has been a big week over here. We finally got over multiple illnesses; a certain someone who commutes 45 minutes each way was in dire need of some new wheels, so we got that taken care of (and I still say car shopping is THE worst!); the big trip to see the Red Sox play...and win!; our newest teenager got phase two of braces (let me just come right out and say YIKES here!); more baseball games, soccer games, gymnastics...just the stuff that you do when your kids do the stuff that they do. And even though it can be challenging, I love it!

I still like to cook good things on even the busiest of days, though. Sure, we eat out occasionally, but bigger boys means bigger stomachs, and that doesn't come cheap! So I've got a few recipes up my sleeve that I can rely on when time is near non-existent. I'm sharing this easy crepes recipe with you today because it's an all-time favorite with my crew. And it's really yummy!


You'll need:
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup flour
strawebrries, sliced
whipped cream
chocolate drizzle

Whisk the ingredients together in a large bowl; cover batter and let stand 20-30 minutes.

Meanwhile, wash and slice strawberries.

Lightly spray or butter a small-medium non-stick pan; you probably won't need to spray or butter it again, and sometimes I forget altogether and they come out fine. Using a ladle, pour enough batter to coat the center bottom of the pan; you'll "swirl" the batter around to cover the entire pan, but move quick, as it sets once it reaches the heat.

Cook for 3-4 minutes or until edges begin to curl up; use a fork to gently flip the crepe in the pan. (I loosen up the edge of the crepe with the fork and then just use my fingers to hold it and flip it over.)

Lay the crepes flat on a plate to cool, but don't place them one on top of the other- stagger them a bit.
 
Aw, this little crepe looks sad...

...that's better!

YUM!

I've found that chocolate syrup works best for these, and I'm generally not a fan of that stuff. But for these? Perfection.

You can load the crepes up with blueberries and kiwi, too, for a delightful no-fuss summery dessert. They are so light and good! For a richer dessert, try a dollop of custard or pudding as a filling in addition to the fruit, whipped cream and drizzle. I bet you'll be making these as often as I do once you see how easy and versatile they are!  =)

Fore more desserts, check out the label in the sidebar...

FYI, these crepes make for a lovely breakfast or brunch item. Simply load them with a variety of fresh fruit and voila! Perfection!

For other delicious breakfast recipes, see our favorite Puff Pancake


or this light and buttery Crumb Cake



Okay, I'm supposed to be going over spelling words right now, so I'd better sign off. Have a super weekend!

sharing with:
chef-in-training 
tickle my tastebuds

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hubby would love this if I made it everyday!!! Found your recipe over at Chef In Training and it looks incredible. We just launched a new recipe link-up party, Tickle My TasteBuds, that goes live every Tuesday. I would love for you to link this delicious recipe to our inaugural party. Here is the link —> Ihttp://bit.ly/1oNxekf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...