Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Friday, September 2, 2011

How Did This Whole Week Fly By So Fast?

What a great week we've had! I was planning on posting pictures of the boys on their first day of school...on Tuesday! But the week never slowed down so I didn't get the chance!

Here are my handsome men on Tuesday morning after their deluxe waffle breakfast, ha!


Caleb has had wonderful teachers and loved them...but he is pretty excited to have a man for a teacher for the first time ever!

We're learning a completely new schedule, a new normal I suppose, and Isabelle Kate was still sleeping when I was getting the two boys ready- since we decided to not ride the buses this year, Ethan can stay home with her while I scoot the other two off to their school. What a huge help that is! Our mornings have been very smooth, and I really love seeing my boys off with a hug and kiss right outside of school. (Well, Ethan won't allow that part, but...it's nice to have the drive time with him just the same.)

 Isabelle came downstairs to a surprise from Caleb- he didn't want her to miss him too much, so he left her a note and all the pink and purple eraser caps! I thought that was just the sweetest thing!

And here is my big 7th grader- I still can't believe it!

luuuuuuuuuve those gorgeous blue-green eyes of his!

Ethan had a half day, to give the new 6th graders the whole morning to themselves, so we didn't bring him until noon. I sneaked in a mini photo session on the way to town...

...ran a few errands and decided to visit Great Gram in the "pink castle"- Isabelle came up with that one for the retirement/nursing home where she now resides, and it does look a bit castle-like with rotundas and pinkish walls.

I love my grandmother so much, but it has been very difficult to watch her memory fade over the last year, so visiting with her can be bittersweet. We had a wonderful visit on Tuesday, I can't even explain it! Isabelle just loved on her the whole time, and Gram smiled and smiled, soaking it all in. It was an absolutely beautiful thing to behold. I'll never forget it.

I think I blinked and here we are, already Friday morning. There is no school today or Monday, so I'm not entirely sure what we'll be doing for the next few days. Those remaining items on the summer list keep calling my name....  =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...