Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Baby's Quilt & Some Pregnancy Updates

You know how when you've got a million and one things to do, this one thing in particular keeps calling out to you, even though it has absolutely nothing to do with what you're supposed to be doing? Yeah, I do, too. I was supposed to be organizing and packing for our big trip when I couldn't stop thinking about making this little one a quilt. Great. ;)

I'd been scouring the internet for weeks looking for inspiration, plus I haven't made a quilt for years and years, so it had to be fairly easy. I ended up just making my own design, as usual, and though it gave me a slight headache or two at times, I just love it to pieces now that it's done.

 I bought a few fat quarters but used fabric I already had for the most part. These are 3.5 inch squares.

With the white sashes and strips... I had spent most of the day working on the top, and I knew I needed to simply fold it up and put it away until we got back, otherwise I'd never have gotten anything packed! I sure loved looking at this photo while we were away- it made me grin from ear to ear thinking that in just a few weeks, a little someone will be wrapped up in it!

I'd also never made a quilt with a minky or other soft backing, and I wasn't sure how I'd like it (or if I could even get it to work right). I used the machine for the binding for the first time as well, though I think I did everything that the tutorials tell you not to do. It's not perfect, which bugged me for a little while, but a few wayward seams here and there shouldn't make any difference. This quilt was made with all my love, for my little love.

Oh! And in the pic above, it's draped over this! There is an infant car seat in my house! Crazy! God has been so faithful to me and our family, and I am eternally grateful.

 And here are some shots of this growing bump over the past couple of weeks. We're so close now!

 33 weeks!
 ugh. This photo hurts me a little, but Caleb wanted to pose with me when he saw what I was up to, and he looks so adorable

 34 weeks, in FL!
 how about a close-up of that bump? yikes!

This week, 35 weeks! The week started out fabulous, sunshine and warm temps and has consistently gone downhill since then. I don't think I've felt very well since that walk that day. Oh well. It's worth it.

Today I'm going shopping with my Mom! Have a great Thursday! I've got some more vacation pics that I'll post soon.

I almost forgot...I'm listing some spring and summer pretties in the shop this week, so check them out if you're looking for something special. I'll just link to the Rose & Ruffle blog HERE, and that has direct links to my shop.  =)




1 comment:

Lindsay said...

The quilt is beautiful! I loved making quilts for my kiddos while I was pregnant. I still haven't finished my 2yo's quilt because I was tired of gender-neutral quilts. LOL I love the fabrics and pattern you chose! I am a little scared to use minky on a quilt, but it is so soft!
You look fabulous!!! It is getting closer! Yay!!! :)
I love the spring pretties in your shop! Your product photography always impresses me, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...