Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Friday, February 3, 2017

Friday Favorites


Today I'm linking up with Andrea , Erika, and Narci for Friday Favorites! Always so much fun to read everyone's posts. Thanks, ladies!

Hey friends! Not gonna lie, this week has been a rough one.
Parenting young kids is hard.
Parenting babies is hard.
Parenting teens is hard. Like, really hard. There have been so many absolutely phenomenal and wonderful moments with my teen-aged boys...and then there have been the ones like we've been having lately. Did I already say that parenting teens is hard? Don't even get me started with the girl. My word. Am I going to survive this? Sigh.

I was tempted to wallow and not participate in a Friday Favorites today because I felt like I didn't have anything worth contributing, since I'm not in such a great mood, but I don't want to be a victim of circumstance (or bad moods or sleep-striking babies or winter blahs etc etc), and I do believe that there are always things to be thankful for and to look forward to. That being said, here are some favorites this week:

One of my favorite things about blogging, besides meeting new friends and getting great ideas, is how I'm able to look over posts from all the years and remember things I would certainly have forgotten otherwise. But I neglected this blog after Levi was born, and I realized that I really wish I'd documented our day to day, so I've been filling in some gaps and I just finished a post about his newborn photos. Seeing him all little and squishy has me all swoony.
That post is HERE if you want to see all his pictures!


Reading is my favorite. There's just nothing like getting lost in a good book. I haven't gotten much reading done in the past nine months or so because I have a hard time making myself slow down when there's sooo much around me that needs tending to, but I'm trying. Each of us is a big reader around here, which I love.
this is Elin Hilderbrand's The Matchmaker - so far so good, though I'm anxious because I don't know how any of it will get resolved nicely, and I'm a total give-me-a-happy-ending fiction reading kind of girl.


Leaving love notes and little surprises for my crew throughout the month has always been a favorite of mine. These are the things I always dreamed of before even becoming a Mom. I need to remember that when I'm having a hard time with one (or more) of them. Life is short, their time with me is short, let stuff go.


While I'm over winter, seeing this guy loving the snow was a favorite sight this week. Not sure what exactly he was trying to accomplish, but he face planted several times and didn't get upset about it once. Weird. But so cute!
 I sat him in the jogger while I shoveled the driveway first. Great exercise! ;)
He was mesmerized when I put him down.

See how he's looking longingly for the snow? ha ha

Lastly, while I don't love football, it IS Superbowl weekend, and we ARE from New England.
So, yeah.



Terrible pic but I love making special food for all the festivities. That part, I like. :)

These easy Quesadillas may be on the menu, too!
find the recipe HERE

 And if we have chili, then we have to have this No-Yeast Cheese Herb Pan Bread!
find the recipe  HERE


Who are you rooting for on Sunday?
What special food things do you make?

Have a great Friday! It's almost the weekend!!!!!
(I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....)

If you're new here, thanks for visiting!
You can follow along on the sidebar here and on:
 bloglovin'
 facebook (I just started a page for fun this week!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...