Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, May 14, 2018

Mother's Day Weekend

I know Mother's Day can be hard. If it's hard for you, then please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Also, I didn't mean to take a week hiatus, but that's life sometimes, right? One thing led to another and another and bam!, it was the weekend.

I posted something on Instagram last week and I thought I'd share some of that here as well. I don't ever want to be phony, but at the same time, my first priority is maintaining the appropriate privacy for my family's sake. Last week brought some challenges. And a series of events opened up some very painful wounds, which I am currently processing and praying about. Yes, I did have a lovely Mother's Day weekend, but there are some big things going on behind the scenes which are just plain hard. Sorry if that's confusing or obtuse. I'm just trying to be real.

Yesterday was just the most gorgeous day. I did not have to prepare or clean up a single meal. Hooray! My only request was a new picture out front with all my children, so after church, we were playing around outside waiting for the guys to get home. Come to find out, they'd gone off to pick up something that Caleb had ordered for me and then came home with sushi for lunch. :)


Attempt #1

Attempt #2
ha ha ha

We did some errands on Saturday and then I picked out a few new plants plus a gorgeous new tea rose bush. Then my Mom and Dad gave me a pretty Knockout rose bush. They'll both be going out by the pool and I cannot wait to see everything in bloom this year! This tractor did not come home with us, but the cute driver did.

I feel like the only appropriate caption for the above photo is simply: "Hey, Girl."
ha ha ha

Ethan's girlfriend came over that night to watch a movie with us, which is always so fun, but something had popped in my neck and shoulder and I spent the night icing and wincing from pain. Ouch. Thankfully it was much better in the morning.

We brought Levi and Isabelle to a favorite local farm for an hour after nap time and it was so nice. What was NOT so nice was that I forgot my phone on the counter on the way out the door. Oops. So no pics but we had a fun time. We got home and Ethan came outside to play frisbee with me, and then these two just played and played. Such a beautiful, beautiful afternoon. My heart felt incredibly full sitting out there just taking it all in.


We ordered this swing set right before the cruise, and sometimes Levi wants nothing to do with it, and other times, it's like he's training for a toddler ninja tournament. So funny.

We had steak marinated in one of my favorite homemade marinades, the first corn on the cob of the season, and for dessert, they made me some delicious chocolate-covered strawberries, as well as some cheesecake ones- they were dipped in a cream cheese topping and then rolled in graham cracker crumbs. They were SO GOOD. Levi thought so too, ha!
 After bath time and getting Levi to sleep, Caleb and I headed out to build a little fire in our fire pit. We're going to make a bigger one near the pool this summer and I know we'll be spending many hours out there together. Isabelle came outside and sit with us, and we were surprised when it was suddenly nine o'clock. The bats had begun zooming overhead anyway, so it was a good time to put out the fire and head inside. I know bats are good and everything but I do not care for them when they're practically dive-bombing my head.

It was a great weekend and I felt very loved. I hope you did too! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...